Sunday, September 12, 2010

Overwhelmed? This might help.


Although the start of a new school year can be exciting: new friends, new clothes, new supplies, and new curriculum, it can also be overwhelming. This might particularly be the case when students transition from elementary to middle school. Students now, instead of having one teacher have multiple teachers, and instead of having their own desk now have a locker. (By the way we have been practicing opening lockers.)
I asked my 8th grade student aide on Friday, if she felt overwhelmed. She replied quickly and emphatically, “Yes!”  I too feel overwhelmed. As 6th grade teachers we have almost a hundred children whose faces are new, whose names are new and who often have new situations for which we must adapt. 
I do want to reassure everyone though “this too will pass”. Soon we will all be settling into a routine. I am a firm believer in routine and those feelings of being overwhelmed will dissipate. So to perhaps ease some of the paperwork overload you are experiencing I will be posting online some of the pages you had to sign, turn in, quickly look at, and have possibly already lost or misplaced.
By clicking below you should be able to find the following:

Please let me know if the links don't work. I really want to make communication easier for parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment