Sunday, October 17, 2010

Parent/Teacher Conferences This Week


This is a brief reminder for everyone that parent/teacher conferences are this week: Wed., Oct. 20th from 5-8 p.m., and Thur. Oct. 21st from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Please sign up for a time with your child’s Hawk Time teacher.
Since this week will be short, I thought I would post more pictures of the students, and include a story or two that the children produced in the computer lab. Actually, the stories were an assignment that Mrs. Pattison had the children do, and we just typed them up to learn correct formatting.
Below are pictures of students in class looking up land features and some of students typing up their stories.
Blue Block



Red Block

Green Block


Thanks to AB and NK for allowing me to post the following stories:
Story 1 by AB
My Friend
            I heard the moving trucks as I glanced out the window. Then, I saw a nice family, and a girl about my age with dirty blonde hair. I went with my family to greet them. She was shy, like me and very nice. She was going to be in my preschool class with me! “ Hi, my name is Ashley,” she stated. We went over to each other’s houses a lot since they were across the street. Together we liked to play outside. We soon became best friends. We were even in a lot of the same classes together. Ashley is still my best friend now, and we always go to each other’s houses. We like to play the game sorry, do art projects, climb our favorite tree, and make berry smoothies. I still remember seeing the moving trucks and meeting my best friend.

Story 2 by NK
            I remember it like it was yesterday. Getting my dog of course. His name is Travis. I got him  when I was in third grade when he was only 18 months old, around Christmas. We got him at a breeder’s house in Washington State. I was so exited! We had already bought him a bed, some food, and some toys a week ago.
            When he was a puppy his paws and ears were humongous! They made him look so cute! Now though, he is very tall, and is extremely goofy. He’s got this little “bone- bump” on his head.  His very own dino bone! (:
            Getting him in the car was the easy part. He almost got carsick because he had never ridden in a car before. He fell asleep on me finally. As soon as we got home we took him outside in the backyard.
            Travis is bigger now and likes to give hugs. He eats, sleeps, and plays a lot. He slept for about a week after we went camping! I love my dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment