Sunday, June 5, 2011

Almost Over


We are right at the end of the school year, so I want to tell parents, and remind students of upcoming deadlines. We will have a Latin American geography test on Wednesday, June 8th. This test includes all the features of the maps students created during the Latin American unit. I will give students back their maps on Monday, as well as blank maps so they can practice locating features of Middle and South America.
Meanwhile, we are still studying the Inca civilization. So, on Thursday of this week the assignment “Incan Religion” will be due.  This will be the final homework assignment of the year. Then next week on Tuesday, June 14th, students will have their final test of the year over the civilizations of the Mayas, Aztecs, and Incas. The last school day for students is Thursday, June 16th and will only be a half day.
This year has been fun and event filled. I have enjoyed working with and teaching your children. They are wonderful people, and I hope next year will be great for them. I am always a little wistful at the end of the year because I have gotten to know the children so well. Hopefully, students will come back to visit me and report how they're doing.
Finally, I may do one more additional post to show pictures of end of year events, plus I am still trying to post student iMovie videos. I have struggled to get them converted to Quicktime so that they can be uploaded. Anyway, do check back after the end of school.
Pictures that follow are of my Hawk Time students playing games after cleaning the room on a Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment