Sunday, February 26, 2012

In Appreciation


I would like to thank all the children and others who wrote such wonderful cards expressing sympathy in the death of my brother. My brother passed away during school hours on Feb. 15th after a courageous, short battle with cancer. Students were very sympathetic when I had to leave early, and I believe behaved well for the substitutes who filled in for five days. It can be difficult for children when the regular routine is upset.
We are now studying China, a country whose geography can be described with words like highest, largest, and longest. China can be a difficult topic for the children because they usually have very little background knowledge about this country and almost no knowledge of its history. This next week students will learn about Confucius (Confucianism), Lao Tze (Daoism), and Hanfazei (Legalism). As well, students in periods 2, 4, and 7, will work on a project where they create or find a proverb and translate it into Chinese. This is one of my favorite projects because when the students finish they have a beautiful piece of art.
I didn’t take pictures this week because I didn’t have time when I returned Friday, so I don’t have any pictures to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment