Sunday, April 1, 2012

Starting War Lords of Japan and Pillsbury Bake-Off Pictures


We will be continuing our study of Japanese history this week by starting the simulation “War Lords of Japan.” Students really love this activity and learn so much about history while having fun at the same time. They are placed in teams that replicate different clans of war lords during the late 1500’s known as the “Period of the Warring States.” Each clan will send out armies in an attempt to take over and control other castles to become the shogun of Japan, or the supreme military ruler.  To support and gain armies clans need essential rice that they earn through daily quizzes. Therefore you can expect to see your student studying Japanese history essays in order to be prepared for daily quizzes. The simulation takes a couple of days to prepare for and then nine to ten days to complete.  I expect we will be finished with the simulation by April 19th.
I am posting pictures of Chinese writing students completed before spring break. They really are lovely. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Also, I thought I would throw in a picture or two showing me in the Pillsbury Bake-Off. It was an amazing experience even though I did not win.





No comments:

Post a Comment